Housing benefit is a means tested benefit that is intended
to help towards housing costs for rented accommodation.
You may be able to get
housing benefit if you are working and are on a low income,
get a pension or are on benefit.
The amount of housing
benefit you get generally depends on:
- Your income and benefits
- Any other money, savings or investments
- The income and savings of other people
who live in your home.
For more information
visit the Waltham Forest
Council website where you will be able to:
- Get an estimate of your housing
benefit/council tax benefit by using the online benefits
- Make a claim online
- Find details on how to contact the
- Report a change in your
- Report a change of address
- Register for an account and access our
e-citizens service to view your housing benefit and council
Ttax support details online
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ascham Homes
if you need any help completing your forms.
Back to top